The Best Skin Care Under The Sea!
We all love a good trip to the beach! Nothing beats some relaxing time by the sea! But did you know that the ocean also holds a bounty of ingredients that are GREAT for your skin? More and more skin care companies are wising up and sourcing powerful ingredients from the sea! And the benefits for your skin could be HUGE! We want YOU to regain youthful skin naturally with the best marine-based skincare out there! So we made a list of ingredients to look out for!
The Best Marine-Based Skincare: Botanicals
We’re going to start out our list of ingredients to look for in your skin care with some natural botanicals from the ocean! You won’t find these things on land, but they could make a huge difference in the look and feel of your skin! Turns out the ocean is great for mind AND body! These are some of the best marine-based skincare ingredients out there!
- Red Algae | Red Algae extract has high levels of carrageenan, peptides, carotenoids, and fatty acids! These could all work together to give Red Algae the power to neutralize free radicals and prevent damage to skin! In our book, that makes it one of THE best marine-based skincare ingredients!
- Seaweed | Seaweed covers a wide range of under-the-sea plants, but most seaweeds are full of humectants, which can help to draw moisture into the skin! They’re also full of Vitamin E, which could reduce fine lines and help protect your skin from the sun! So you can take that trip to the beach without worry!
- Sea Kelp | Kelp is rich in minerals and antioxidants, which makes it one of our top marine based skincare ingredients for dry skin! It could even help to detoxify your skin!
- Brown Algae | The fatty acids in Brown Algae could help to fight inflammation while amino acids stimulate skin cell renewal for total skin turnaround!
- Squalene | Squalene has a long history of use in the medical community for the treatment of wounds and skin problems! It’s found in marine plants and shark livers!
The Best Marine Based Skincare: The Rest!
- Dead Sea Minerals | The Dead Sea is EXTREMELY rich in minerals like magnesium and potassium. Which is why many people say they use Dead Sea salt in their bathwater to soothe acne, eczema, and even psoriasis!
- Seawater | It’s not just a glowing tan that makes your skin look so great after the beach! Seawater is also rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, and potassium that could help with anything from acne to toxin absorption!
- Marine Collagen | We LOVE collagen products for our skin! And one natural source for collagen is fish scales!
- Pearl Powder | Pearl powder is one of the hottest new skincare trends. So it’s last but DEFINITELY not least on our list of the best marine-based skincare ingredients! Even Cleopatra was rumored to have used powdered pearls in her beauty regimen! It adds a luminous quality to the skin when applied topically. But you can also incorporate it into your diet for added skin benefits!