Lips. Who doesn’t love lips? They’re great for talking, showing expression, and arguably the best part: kisses! But nobody likes dry and cracked lips. Those are just uncomfortable, for the person with the dry lips, and honestly, unpleasant for the person they’re kissing. Now, we know that sometimes it’s unavoidable. Trust us, we get it, and there’s nothing wrong with that! But, if we can help you prevent it at all, then we’re going to. We have a few recipes for some Easy Lip Scrubs for you! These will help you exfoliate, moisturize, and gain beautiful lips. And, they’re easy! So, lets dive in!
Easy Lip Scrubs | Sugar Scrubs
This Easy DIY Lip Scrubs section is going to focus on sugar scrubs. In the first place, sugar has health benefits for your skin, so it’s a great thing to use in DIY Lip Scrubs. Sugar draws moisture from the environment for your skin, so it acts as a moisturizing agent keeping your lips nice and hydrated: along with the oil that is generally used as the binding portion of the DIY Lip Scrub. Along with moisturizing, sugar helps encourage cell turnover for faster generated skin. So, your lips will not only get moisturized, but also generate faster. This will make for really soft lips. So, here are a few Easy Lip Scrubs for you to try at home!
- Coconut & Honey Lip Scrub
- 1 Tbls coconut oil
- 1 Tbls organic honey
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- ½ Tbls lukewarm water
- Mix coconut oil and honey, add the brown sugar and water. Rub mixture on lips in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Mint Lip Scrub
- 2 Tbls olive or coconut oil
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 8-10 drops peppermint or spearmint essential oil
- ½ tsp grapeseed oil
- Mix sugar and oil. Add essential oil. Add grapeseed oil. Apply in circular motions. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Easy Lip Scrubs | Salt Scrubs
Guess what this Easy Lip Scrub section focuses on… You got it! Salt! Like sugar, salt also has a lot of benefits for your skin. While it might not taste as good as a sugar scrub, it will still be beneficial. Salt can be incredibly exfoliating for your lips. Although we do recommend using a fine salt because the skin on your lips is rather sensitive. Removing the dead skin from your lips always feels so great! Aside from just exfoliation, salt scrubs can also help improve circulation in your lips. That’s a funny thought now, isn’t it? But it’s good! Better circulation means a better glow! Who doesn’t want their lips to be glowingly beautiful? Anyway, lets dive into these Salt DIY Lip Scrub!
- Sea Salt and Sugar Scrub
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 drops lavender essential oil
- First, mix ingredients. Apply generously in circular motions for about one minute. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Easy Lip Scrubs | Fun Flavors!
When we were researching different kinds of scrubs we found a lot of recipes that just didn’t fit in a category. But, we couldn’t leave them out! They all look so refreshing and relaxing that we had to make them a category. So, for all of you out-of-the-box styled people out there, we see you! Here are some other great Easy Lip Scrubs!
- Mint Choco Coffee Lip Scrub
- 2 Tbls sugar
- ½ tsp cocoa
- ½ tsp coffee grounds
- 1 Tbls grapeseed or avocado oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mis sugar, cocoa, and coffee. Add grapeseed oil and peppermint essential oil. Scrub on your lips for about a minute. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Rose Petals and Milk Scrub
- Rose petals from one rose
- Mash rose petals together in the milk to get a paste-like consistency. Rub onto lips like a regular scrub & rinse with lukewarm water. Follow with a lip balm.
Easy Lip Scrubs | Final Thoughts
Of course, we hope you find a good option for you in our little list of Easy Lip Scrubs! We had fun compiling it for you. We all want soft lips, so now go to your kitchen and make them happen! Once you’ve decided which one you want to try, take a look at the products we’ve compiled for you on the side and underneath this article. We think you’ll enjoy those as well! Good luck with those super soft lips lady!