Care For Your Skin The Right Way: Face Routines For Morning And Night
If you’re visiting this page, you probably do your best to take care of your skin! And that means you probably have a FEW different products in your skincare routine. Recently, Korean skincare has popularized skincare regimens with MANY steps, even here in the states! But when should you use each product? And what order should you apply them in for YOUR skin type? We have a face routine, morning and night, for each skin type below!
We’ll go over which products you should be using in your face routine for morning AND night, and which ones you should use only in the AM or PM. We break down which products are right for your skin type, and which are only for morning or night vs. the products you should use in your face routine morning AND night! If you follow our tips, we’re sure you’ll see a difference in your skin! You pay good money for your skincare products…so make sure you’re maximizing their potential!
Face Routine: Morning And Night
There are a few parts of your face routine that you should be doing morning AND night, regardless of your skin type! We’ll go over specifics in our other face routine morning and night sections if you should be using a different TYPE of product in the morning vs. at nighttime. Our skin has different needs throughout the day, but there are some things that are necessary skincare steps ANY time of day.
- Foaming Cleanser| A good foaming cleanser will help to clear out dirt and debris from the skin as part of your face routine, morning and night.
- Toner/Water| You’ll probably want to use a different toner/water/essence depending on the time of day. But either way, this is how you should always follow your cleansing.
- Serum| Again, you’ll want to pick a different serum based on AM vs. PM and based on your skin type. But some kind of serum should always be a part of your routine.
- Moisturizer| Moisturizers help to lock in whatever skincare we’ve already applied. So it’s important to do as part of your face routine morning and night.
Face Routine: Morning
- Foaming Cleanser| Wash away any oil from overnight and dirt from your pillowcase with a foaming cleanser first thing. Choose an oil-control formula!
- Clarifying Cleansing Water| We recommend a cleansing water or toner as part of your face routine morning AND night. But a cleansing water can be more gentle on your skin first thing in the morning!
- Balancing Serum| Using a serum that has a balancing effect should help give you moisture where you need it without turning you into an oil slick!
- Lightweight Eye Cream| Even with oily skin, you always have to make sure to protect the delicate eye area!
- Oil-Free Moisturizer| You could make your skin even MORE oily if you neglect to moisturize. Just opt for an oil-free moisturizer that’s labeled as mattifying!
- Foaming Cleanser| Like we said above, this helps wash away the night! Opt for a creamier formula for your face routine morning and night if you have dry skin.
- Hydrating/Soothing Essence| After cleansing, a hydrating or soothing essence will help replenish your skin.
- Nourishing Serum| A nourishing serum will set your skin up to stay glowing throughout the day.
- Hydrating Eye Cream| Keep fine lines at bay with a rich eye cream morning and night!
- Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer| A moisturizer with hyaluronic acid could help to draw moisture into your skin throughout the day! And lock in what you’ve already put on.
Face Routine: Night
- Clarifying Cleansing Oil| If you wear makeup, it’s important to oil cleanse at night before using your regular foaming cleanser that you use in your face routine morning and night.
- Foaming Cleanser| Use the same cleanser you used in the AM to make sure your skin is clean.
- Balancing Toner| Remember what we said about that balancing serum? The same applies here.
- Blemish Spot Treatment| Overnight is the perfect time to apply more intense spot treatments for blemishes.
- Lightweight Oil| It seems counterintuitive, but using a lightweight oil overnight could help keep your skin from becoming too shiny during the day!
- Oil-Free Night Cream| Just like your day cream, look for an oil-free formula. But opt for a one a LITTLE richer than your day cream.
- Nourishing Eye Cream| This is where you can really pack on the moisture. It’ll sink in overnight, so you don’t have to worry about getting too oily.
- Soothing Cleansing Oil| Use a cleansing oil to get an extra deep clean without stripping moisture from your skin!
- Creamy Foaming Cleanser| This should be the same cleanser, you can use it for your face routine morning and night!
- Hydrating Essence| A hydrating essence will give your skin some extra love, and it could help the rest of your products sink in deeper.
- Deep Hydration Treatment Serum| Apply a deep hydration treatment with a facial roller. Facial massage stimulates circulation, which could help any treatments you use to penetrate the skin more efficiently.
- Repairing Oil| Layer on more hydration with a repairing oil that can work while you sleep!
- Rich Eye Cream| Don’t skimp on the hydration around your eyes!
- Intensive Moisture Night Cream| This is where you can really get crazy with your moisture. After all, it has all night to sink in! Wake up to gorgeously soft, hydrated skin!