Homemade Moisturizers For YOUR Skin
Have you ever tried a HOMEMADE moisturizer for skin? The skincare aisles of drugstores can be overwhelming. There’s such a vast variety of products, unhelpful sales associates, and ingredients labels full of toxic chemicals! And the beauty counters aren’t much better! You may find quality ingredients and help, but it’ll cost you a pretty penny! Hope you’re ready to take out a second mortgage in order to get hydrated skin!
But we don’t think it should have to be like this! And lucky for you (and us), it doesn’t have to be. Because you can make your OWN homemade moisturizer for skin in the comfort of your home. And it’ll cost a fraction of the price that it would have if you’d gone all the way to the beauty counter for it, or even the drugstore!
Why Choose A Homemade Moisturizer For Skin?
We already talked about a few of the benefits of using a homemade moisturizer for skin. First of all, you’ll be saving money. By making your own moisturizer at home, you won’t be paying for the expensive marketing, production, and packaging of a commercial product! Another thing we love about DIY facial moisturizers? You know EXACTLY what’s in them! Because you made it! So you know that it’s only full of wholesome ingredients that will feed your skin. Not nasty toxic chemicals.
Another reason you chould choose a homemade moisturizer for skin? It’s usually more eco-friendly! Because you can put your DIY moisturizer in a re-usable container and you’re using small-scale production practices, you could also be reducing your carbon footprint! And that means your skin AND the earth will have something to smile about! And so will you!
What Should I Put In A Homemade Moisturizer For Skin?
Now that you know the benefits of a homemade moisturizer for skin, what should you put in there? In reality, that’s all up to you! You can search around the internet for lots of great resources on what kind of ingredients you can use to make a moisturizer for your skin. But here are a few of our favorites to get you started:
- Vitamin E Oil| Vitamin E can be found at pretty much any drugstore or pharmacy and has been a skincare secret for decades! It makes a great hydrating base and could even help to protect your skin from the sun!
- Frankincense| Many health and wellness bloggers recommend adding a few drops of Frankincense essential oil to your DIY moisturizer in order to help fight wrinkles and signs of aging!
- Almond Oil| Almond oil makes another great base for your homemade moisturizer for skin. It’s high in Vitamin E, which we told you earlier is great for your skin! It also absorbs easily, making it ideal for a facial moisturizer! Be cautious if you’re prone to breakouts, however!
- Aloe Vera| Aloe is affordable, easy to find, and super soothing for the skin! If you’ve been experiencing dryness, irritation, or redness, be sure to add some of this into your DIY moisturizer recipe.
- Honey| If you have dry skin that’s also prone to breakouts, honey might just be your skin savior! Adding just a little (you don’t want a sticky situation) honey to your homemade moisturizer for skin could help to hydrate your skin AND control breakouts with antibacterial properties!
If you enjoyed this guide to homemade moisturizer for skin, be sure to check out our guide to DIY Moisturizing Face Masks for extra hydration!