Preventing Premature Aging: How To Prevent Wrinkles In Your 20s
It can be a real struggle. Even in your 20s, there’s a lot of pressure to look your best. And it’s when most women start to think about that dreaded word: wrinkles. Even if you don’t have any wrinkles yet, chances are they’re on your mind. We’ve all spent time fixated in front of the mirror trying to figure out if THAT line is a wrinkle or just a crease from our pillow. But you can learn how to prevent wrinkles in 20s! And learning now will set you up for younger looking skin in the long run! We’ll take you through the do’s and don’ts of how to prevent wrinkles in 20s!
How To Prevent Wrinkles In 20s: What To Avoid
- Smoking Cigarettes| It honestly goes without saying that smoking cigarettes is one of the worst things you could do for your skin—or the rest of your body! Smoking is a surefire way to age your skin prematurely. Quitting is our #1 tip on how to prevent wrinkles in 20s.
- Tanning| This one is another no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many women in their 20s still use tanning beds or tan in the sun! If you’re going out in the sun, you should be using sunscreen. And you should NEVER be using a tanning bed if you don’t want to age your skin. Any dermatologist will tell you this is key to how to prevent wrinkles in 20s.
- Dehydration/Binge Drinking| Not drinking enough water can make your skin look older. And drinking too much alcohol can also age your skin! Make sure to drink in moderation and to always keep hydrated!
- Pulling All-Nighters| Have you ever pulled an all nighter, only to have EVERYONE ask you the next day if you feel okay? Yeah, it’s probably because a lack of sleep REALLY shows in our skin. If you don’t want your skin to look sallow and dull, try to get a full night in!
- Over-Exfoliating| Those who are thinking about how to prevent wrinkles in 20s might think that exfoliating will keep their skin young and fresh. But most people don’t NEED to exfoliate so much in their 20s. Exfoliating gently a few times a week should be enough for most people’s skin!
How To Prevent Wrinkles In 20s: What You SHOULD Do
- Get To Know Your Skin Type| It’s important to know your skin type so you can pick products that will work best for YOU. There is no one-size-fits-all skincare solution. Are you oily? Dry? Combination? For many women, the 20s is a great time to reevaluate your skincare. The products that worked for you as a teen may not meet your needs anymore!
- Drink Up| We say this in almost every list of skincare tips out there. And for good reason. It’s easy, and it’s effective. Drink your water for glowing skin!
- Start Your Anti-Aging Now| Your early to mid-twenties is a perfect time to get a jump-start on your anti-aging routine with anti-aging night creams, serums, or eye creams. Try applying them with a roller in order to stimulate circulation and increase absorption! It’s much easier to prevent wrinkles than it is to reverse them once they’ve formed.
- Wear Sunscreen| The sun can do some serious damage to your skin! And if you’re interested in how to prevent wrinkles in 20’s, wearing sunscreen is one of the best things you can do for yourself! It’s not just for a day at the beach…make sure you’re wearing SPF every day!
- Eat Your Antioxidants| You can beautify your skin from the inside out, you know. And eating foods rich in antioxidants could help you to prevent wrinkles in your 20s.