Shrooms Are BACK…But Not How You Think!
Our new favorite skin care gives us some seriously groovy vibes. Because it’s been infused with MUSHROOMS. But we’re not talking about the hallucinogenic kind of mushrooms here. We’re talking about adaptogenic mushrooms. And what they can do for YOUR skin. We’ll also introduce you to some of our FAVORITE mushroom infused skin care products! Not sure what an adaptogen? Grossed out by the thought of slathering MUSHROOMS on your face? Stick around. We’re going to explain it all! And trust us, these mushroom-based products are just as luxurious as your favorite diamond-dust face cream. AND they could have INCREDIBLE benefits for your skin. All with the power of natural mushroom extracts!
What Is An Adaptogen?
Many of the mushrooms we’ll be talking about in this guide to mushroom infused skin care are part of a family of substances called adaptogens. This is a fancy word for a natural substance that is considered to help the body to adapt to stress, and to normalize the functions of the body. This is a term widely used in herbal medicine. Infusions or extracts from these adaptogenic mushrooms could have HUGE benefits for your skin. And we’re just starting to learn more about just how much potential they have! That’s why some of the most ground breaking skin care formulas today are focusing on mushroom infused skincare!
Why Choose Mushroom Infused Skin Care?
The short answer is: because mushroom infused skin care does good for your skin NATURALLY! The long answer has a lot more to do with the multitude of benefits that mushrooms and other adaptogens could have for your skin! Here are just a FEW we found by doing a cursory web search on the skin benefits of mushroom extract:
- Skin Brightening
- Stimulates Collagen Production
- Improve Skin Elasticity
- Antioxidant Potential
- Soothes Inflammation
- Fights Aging
- And More!
The truth is, no matter what skin issue you may be facing, there is probably a mushroom extract skin care product that is right for you! Different mushrooms have different benefits, but a little searching online goes a long way! Plus, you’ll have our handy list of our favorite mushroom infused skin care!
The Best Mushrooms For Your Skin
Not all mushrooms are created equally. And not all mushrooms are adaptogens! But there are a few that are at the top of the list when it comes to skin care. Here are a few of our favorites and their skin benefits:
- Cordyceps | This is a fairly common mushroom extract, and it may have anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties! Look for this in formulas for dry or sensitive skin prone to redness!
- Reishi | Another standby in the world of adaptogens, Reishi has antioxidant properties, and has proven anti-aging effects!
- Chaga | You can find Chaga powder at most health food stores these days! This adaptogen has antioxidant properties to help you minimize the effects of free radicals!
- Tremella | This mushroom could hydrate and brighten the skin, and fade the look of dark spots from sun exposure or aging!
- Truffle Mushroom | You may have tried this luxurious oil on food. It’s costly, because it’s precious. And it’s DELICIOUS. But it could also be great for your skin. It’s full of essential amino acids and ceramides.
The Best Mushroom Infused Skin Care
Now that you know why we love mushroom infused skin care, we’d be failing you if we didn’t give you somewhere to start your search! So here are just a few of our favorite mushroom infused face products to get you started:
- Moon Juice Beauty Shroom Plumping Jelly Serum | This adaptogenic serum is formulated with Reishi and Silver Ear Mushroom. | $58
- Volition Beauty Snow Mushroom Water Serum | A serum infused with Snow Mushroom, marine water, watermelon and apple extracts, and lentil extract! | $62
- Andrew Weil For Origins Super Shrooms Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief & Resilience Duo | A duo of toning essence and gel lotion infused with reishi, cordyceps, and chaga. A dynamic duo with a triple threat of mushroom extracts! | $25