Tretinoin For Wrinkles: The Solution We’ve Been Waiting For
We have a lot of great things to thank scientists for. Television, the internet, heart transplant surgery, moon exploration. So what has taken them so long to create a product that will help turn back the clock on aging? Well, it’s possible that they finally have. Everyone is talking about Tretinoin and wrinkles. Or rather, what Tretinoin could DO for your wrinkles. Have you heard of this revolutionary new skincare development? Read on to find out more!
What Is Tretinoin?
Tretinoin is a retinoid that has been shown to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the production of collagen in the skin. In fact, Tretinoin is a generic version of the first-ever Retinoid brought to the market, Retin-A. You’ve probably heard of it and its amazing age-defying potential. But Tretinoin and wrinkles weren’t always a no-brainer. It was actually originally used as an acne treatment in the 70’s. That is—until they found out that it might just be the fountain of youth. Retinoids can actually stimulate the production of new blood vessels in the skin, giving you a healthier glow. It can even fade age spots and soften textured skin! It seems like there’s almost nothing Tretinoin CAN’T do for our skin!
How To Use Tretinoin For Wrinkles
Tretinoin is widely available in topical creams to be applied to the skin for anti-aging benefits. An extra pro-skincare tip? You can use AHAs in conjunction with Tretinoin and wrinkles should be a thing of the past. AHAs help retinoids pack an extra skin smoothing punch. Generally, you’ll need to use Tretinoin for around 3-6 months to begin seeing effects. And best results generally take 6-12 months. It’s also important to wear a daily sunscreen while you’re using any topical retinoid to protect your skin!
Tretinoin Side Effects
Lots of retinoids, including Tretinoin have been known to cause some mild to moderate side effects, especially at the beginning of use. Tretinoin and wrinkles are sworn enemies, but that doesn’t mean your face has to be a full-on showdown. Make sure to talk to your doctor or dermatologist before you start using a retinoid product, and follow up with them if you notice any unusual or lasting changes to your skin. Here are some more common side effects:
- A Brief Stinging Feeling Immediately After Application
- Dry Skin
- Moderate Burning
- Worsening Of Acne, Especially During First 2-4 Weeks Of Use
Tretinoin Wrinkle Creams
There are plenty of creams on the market that contain either Tretinoin or another wrinkle-reducing retinol formula. We’ve got a few favorites that we think you’ve got to try! What are you waiting for, after all? Countless women have tried Tretinoin and wrinkles have melted away! Talk to your dermatologist about a Tretinoin solution for YOU! Or, pick up one of our favorite over-the-counter Retinol creams:
- Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream| We love the clean ingredients and vegan formula packed into this adorable pink tube. Suitable for all skin types, this formula contains 1% retinol that they say can improve the look and feel of uneven skin tone and texture. And fight free radicals!
- Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum| For those who prefer the light feeling of a serum to a heavy cream, this powerful serum is the perfect choice for bringing Retinol into your skincare routine!
- Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Face Mask| The name of this product might be complicated, but it makes using retinol simple! This sheet mask is loaded with liquid retinol and chlorella extract to deeply nourish your skin. And it’ll cost you much less than a day at the spa.