Our Vacation Beauty Must-Haves!
If you’re anything like us, you have your beauty routine down to a science. You know the products you like and you stick to them. You don’t like to stray from what you know! But sometimes necessity calls for it! And one of those times is when we travel! Unless you have the money to check an entire bag just for your skin care, you probably need to do some rearranging of your routine when it comes time to jet set! Luckily for you, you don’t have to do it alone! Because we’ve compiled all of our vacation beauty favorites into one helpful guide! We’ll share some of our favorite tips for adapting your regimen for travel, and some of our vacation beauty products that keep us looking fresh while on the move!
Vacation Beauty Favorites: Keep It Light!
The first rule of thumb when it comes to narrowing down your vacation beauty favorites is to PACK LIGHT. It can be tempting to try to stuff your entire bathroom cabinet into your suitcase. But you’re going to regret it when you can’t fit any souvenirs in there because of the 3 eyeshadow palettes you brought and didn’t use! That’s why we’ve got some helpful tips on how to pack light when it comes to your vacation beauty routine:
- Travel Sizes Are Your Friend | This seems obvious, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t take advantage of travel sizes of their favorite products. And today, most companies offer travel sizes, especially of their best sellers! Instead of packing a giant can of hairspray, you can bring a cute mini can that will DEFINITELY last you your vacation. And you’ll free up TONS of luggage space!
- Look For Multitaskers | Keep your eyes peeled for products that can do more than one thing! Many of our vacation beauty favorites are products we can use for two, three, even FOUR OR MORE things! Could you use your bronzer to fill in your eyebrows? Lip and cheek stains are another great multitasker that goes the distance!
- Be Realistic | This is the hardest rule to follow. Much like packing clothes, packing your beauty products can get out of control fast. What IF you need that blue loose glitter shadow!? Or that rice water face mask!? Spoiler alert: you don’t. Do your best to stick to the basics for your vacation beauty products! Otherwise you WILL end up wasting space on products you don’t use.
Do Your Luggage A Solid
Traveling with liquids can be a hassle. If you’re flying for your vacation and you’re not checking a bag, you’re EXTREMELY limited in the liquid beauty products you can bring. And even if you ARE checking a bag, you end up dealing with spills nine times out of ten! Nothing like opening your bag in a new city to find a lotion EXPLOSION. That’s why one of our vacation beauty favorites is SOLID PRODUCTS. And TONS of companies are coming up with innovative, eco friendly solid alternatives to your essentials:
- Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar Facial Cleanser | $28
- Brite Bar None Hydrating Shampoo Bar | $12
- Shiseido Clear Stick UV Protector | $28
- Milk Makeup Hydrating Oil Stick | $24
- Glossier You Solid Perfume | $22
Take A “Staycation” In Your Bathroom!
Don’t have the time or money to take a vacation this second? Don’t sweat it. We think you deserve to get in on the vacation beauty favorites fun, too! Why not try one of our favorite products that makes us feel like we’re on a tropical getaway…even if we’re in the middle of winter:
- Fenty Beauty Body Lava | $59
- Sol De Janiero Bum Bum Bath Bomba | $5.90
- Verb Sea Texture Spray | $16
- Alba Botanica Deep Moisturizing Kukui Nut Hawaiin Body Cream | $19.99
- Leahlani Skincare Mermaid Mask | $32