Your skin is the largest organ of your body. Did you know that? It’s also the most exposed and therefore the most prone to damage. Sometimes, it seems like everything can damage your skin… but that’s because most things can. From the sun to everyday dirt and grime, skin is difficult to take care of. Don’t worry though. We’re here to help! We’ve assembled a handy little guide for Ways of Caring For the Skin. Use these tips in your everyday life to keep your skin soft, smooth, and healthy
Ways of Caring for the Skin – Why Bother?
It’s not just about your appearance. Your skin is the first line of defense when it comes to the elements. It protects from bacteria and viruses on a daily basis. If your skin is unhealthy, it’s a lot easier for the rest of your body to become unhealthy as well. It is also your body’s primary source of vitamin D, so if you don’t have any Ways of Caring for the Skin, your vitamin production could take a significant drop. No one wants that. Follow this guide of Ways of Caring for the Skin to stay skin-healthy. Here we go:
Ways of Caring for the Skin – DO
- Take Off Your Makeup at Night – Makeup can clog your pores and cause breakouts. Make sure you wash it all off before you hit the hay.
- Get a Good Amount of Sleep – Sleep-deprivation, while it’s unhealthy in a great number of ways, wreaks havoc on your skin. Lack of sleep will dry it out and create bags under your eyes. Get that beauty rest.
- Exercise – Sweating open those pores up and pushes dirt and grime out. Make sure you take a shower after your workout to make sure that all that gunk comes off and doesn’t stay on you.
- Use Sunscreen – Putting a layer between you and harmful UV rays is never a bad idea.
- Eat Healthy – What you put in your body is a huge factor in how it functions. The better you eat, the better your skin will look and feel.
Ways of Caring for the Skin – DON’T
- Get too Much Sun – The sun causes wrinkles, age-spot, and a slew of other problems. Sit in the shade rather than out in the sun and wear protective clothing.
- Smoking – There are dozens of reasons you shouldn’t smoke, but your skin is definitely one of them. Smoking damages collagen and makes you skin look older, creating wrinkles. It restricts blood flow depriving your skin of nutrients. Just. Don’t. Smoke.
- Hot Showers – A hot shower feels amazing. There’s no denying that. Unfortunately, that hot water also dries your skin out, causing it to become flaky and cracked over time. Lower the temperature for healthier skin.
- Stress – A lot of people think stress only affects mood, but your mood affects a lot of parts of your body. Lower your stress level and watch the miraculous effects it’ll have on your skin’s health.
Way of Caring for the Skin Summary
These may seem like basic tips, and some of them may be kind of obvious. What we’re trying to highlight here is how many ways there are for you to get healthier skin without the use of expensive products. With a little commitment and willpower, you could be on your way to healthier skin faster than you think.
While you’re here, check out our ultimate skincare guide.